Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life is Good

I was talking to Shelley yesterday, telling her how much I love school. I hope I didn't sound too crazy about it, but this semester (although only three weeks old) has been magical. I've stayed on top of all my homework, even the reading. I have never done this in my 17-year school career... ever. I think the difference is that I actually care, and I feel that all the information is pertinent to my life. I am desperately trying to master the information, strategies and techniques that they are giving us. My real teaching career is right around the corner, and although I am super excited, I am scared out of my wits!
Here are just a few points that are highlighted in my recent past:
I have two 9 month old nephews. How did that happen? They are just too cute for words, so I won't even try.
Corbin and I went to the World of Dance on Saturday, and it was really fun. I am going to be more culturally oriented this year. There is so much cool stuff going on at BYU, and so many talented people. I need to start taking advantage of it while I still have the chance.
Being a music cochair is totally awesome. I was super intimidated at first, but now that we have an actual committee, I'm just excited to start planning things. I got to sing on Sunday, and it went really well.
The summer is slowly turning into fall. In fact, today is the first day of autumn! Anyways, I think I will like wearing pants and not dying of heat stroke. But I know I will regret this when the crisp air turns into blistering cold. But for the moment I'm enjoying the nippy weather and the orange trees in the canyon.
I decorated my room today, and it turned out a little crazier than I had hoped. But at least I finally did something. Maybe I'll put a picture up sometime.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Hey, me too! I've done all my reading for the first time ever! Although I don't feel like any of it is really pertinent to my life, except that it will indirectly determine whether or not I am $40,000 or $150,000 in debt after the next 3 years are up.

Also, you should put up two pictures in your room: one of me holding a rose or kissing a unicorn or something, and another of our good friend Putnam staring up at me.