Friday, April 24, 2009

As many of you know, my Steve left for home today, and thence onto an internship in New York City. In the short time we've been dating (since Valentines day) I have gotten to enjoy his fun personality, his thoughtful actions, and his sweet kind words. Never have I felt so appreciated and special to someone (outside my family. Don't worry Mom. ;) I found with him special feelings and experiences that I hope haven't taken for granted, and will never forget. I don't know how I got so lucky to have him, even for just a couple months, but I count myself very blessed. Now as I sit here hours after our goodbye, I think of all the love and support around me during this hard time. There are countless people I know I can turn to for a shoulder to cry on, comforting words, a place to escape, a party to have, or just someone to listen. Heavenly Father is really looking after me by putting all these angels in my life. Thanks everyone.

Leading up to today, I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to handle it. I've had to do this sort of thing before, and I gotta say it wasn't fun or pretty. But after chatting it over with the Man upstairs, He let me know everything was gonna be OK. He gave me a lovely sense of peace, and helped me see that this is one of those things that is for my good, and once again reminded me that He's got a plan for me. I knew I would miss Steve, and I already do terribly, but the sting just isn't there. After talking to Steve about it, he got the same thing. It was a big comfort to know that Heavenly Father put us on the same page. Who knows why we came together when we did, or why we have to be apart now, or what will happen in both our lives in the future, but it's so nice to know that Someone better is in control, and that He put so much love in my life to help me through the tough parts. Steve, I miss you, and I hope you have a grand time in New York!


No comments: