Wednesday, November 04, 2009

School's In!

This week in teaching has been totally crazy. It seems like a lot of worth while things work this way: the days are long but the weeks are short. When I'm in the classroom I feel like I've been there for 12 hours instead of two, but looking back and knowing I've been at Barnett for a whole week already... it's gone by in a flash. I love being in the schools and seeing the unique personalities and abilities of every student. But at the same time it's challenging trying to run the class the way Mrs. Hanson does, and think of good lessons that will actually be useful to the students. It's really an emotional roller coaster, but I like roller coasters. =)
Going to work after school seems so slow now that I have to deal with the pace of 2nd grade. I wonder how I can spice it up while still getting things done.
The other slivers of my day are crazy, trying to fit in homework and assignments and lesson plans and finding a professional outfit for the next day. Fortunately I still get to see Corbin every once in a while, and I think that's what keeps me sane.
I wonder how I will have changed by the end of the practicum?

No comments: