Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Recent Life

My trip to Washington was a success. I got to get away for a few days, hang out with some super fun people, eat Delicious food, and see new sights. I'm so glad I've gotten to know the Miller clan, and I'm glad they've gotten to know me. Highlights:
-hanging out with Caitlin, Corbin's 2 1/2 year old niece. She is in that stage where she says the funniest things, but is still so so sweet. We kept each other company for most of the time, and found that we are pretty much kindred spirits.
- walking by the river, with the fall leaves and the chilly air and the pretty view. So lovely...
-nighttime games with the family: uno, guitar hero, Disney scene-it, etc
-girl time: pedicures with mom and sisters. Relaxing, with an end product of hot pink toenails!

In other news, I found out that I'll be teaching at Barnett Elementary in Payson for the next month-ish. I'm super scared and super excited. I pretty much don't know what to expect, but I hope that I'll be able to use what I know, plus a little teacher's instinct, and take care of business.

This Friday is Amanda's bridal shower, which I am co-throwing. It's going to be a small gathering, but really fun anyways. I'm not the best at parties, so I hope I can scope out the needs of the party-goers and make it bangin' for my friend Amanda.

I've finally got the ball rolling for a musical fireside we're doing for the ward next month. We've already had some bumps along the way, but I think the finished product will turn out nicely.

I'm moving next semester, and there are lots of good things about that. #1. I won't have any more friends here at the Colony, seeing as they're all moving away this semester because of graduating, getting married, or going on missions. #2 I'll be closer to Corbin and Carlie and campus. #3. I'll be moving somewhere cheaper. I put my contract up for sale, and I don't expect it will take long to sell since Dawn and Amanda's have already gone. I'm going to look around for some good places that are closer to campus, and I hope I find something that suits me. I've never looked for a place to live by myself, so this will be interesting.

Anywho, there are about a million other little things I have to take care of, but somehow I'll get it all under control.

No comments: