Friday, March 05, 2010

Practicum Love!

As you may know, I started my practical experience at Orchard Hills Elementary in Santaquin. It has been such a different experience in 5th grade than last semester in 2nd. It's a combination of things. Of course, the kids are older, can do more things, and are way way easier to manage. Another stark difference is my teacher is 25 instead of 50+. Stephanie teaches like we have been taught to, because she is a recent BYU graduate herself. She's so organized, and gives me all sorts of resources to use in lessons. She's way flexible with letting me do lessons at a good pace and style. She eats with the other teachers during lunch. She can actually hear me when I talk to her. =) My carpool of girls is way cool too. We have a great time driving and talking during lunch. Our CFA is way cute and nice and helpful. She gave us a tour of the school the first day, and made us way turned around, but that couldn't be helped. She scrapbooked some steno pads for us the first day, and they are so so cute. I love how the schoolday is planned out, organized, and pretty much step by step. It makes the day go way fast, and I love it. I have way more assignments than last semester, but I'm way more organized, and that gives me a lot of confidence. I think this practicum is going to be GREAT!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Is it making you lean maybe towards teaching the older kids?