Friday, December 07, 2012

Baby Barfing, Corbin Missing, I'm Crying

I have a lot of blog topics that I've been storing up, like nuts to a squirrel.

Disclaimer: if you don't want to hear about baby excretions, skip this paragraph.  Either the baby's gag reflex is getting more sensitive, or he has some terrible illness.  He has thrown up three times this week, each time during a meal.  He also had diarrhea for a day or so, but I think it's because I gave him pineapple.  Why doesn't someone make a list of alllllll the foods you shouldn't give your baby?  Anyways, I think the two yuckynesses aren't related.  Every time I feed him now, I watch him uber carefully to make sure his bites aren't too big, and that he doesn't get distracted and inhale a piece of pasta or something.  Cleaning up puddles of vomit is getting old.

Which sort of leads me into my next thing.  It's finals week for Corbin.  He is a super star, and has been studying his head off.  He's taken one so far, rocked it, and has three to go.  A downside is that I've become a PhD widow. He pretty much hasn't been home before 10 this week, which is poor timing with the baby being sick (supposidly) and I was sick myself a couple of days.  Maybe this is a sort of trial that I'm supposed to toughen up from.  Ooo, I'm so tempted to go into a pity party right now.

Which also lead sort of into my next topic.  I've been feeling very sensitive lately-emotionally tender, I guess.  I think it's slowly been building from reading a bunch of rather heavy books.  From reading the beginning of Les Miserable, I am ashamed that I don't live in a cardboard box with only bread made of saw dust to eat, while I could give all my money and possessions to the poor.  (I know this isn't a realistic expression of charity in my case, and that I'm very blessed with the comfort I enjoy.  But still, that Monseigneur Bienvenu guy is awesome)
On Sunday, I was talking to a friend who was going through a hard time, and when I went back into Sacrament Meeting we sang, "Oh come all ye faithful, joyful, and triumphant!" and I teared up thinking, "what about all the people who don't feel that way right now?  What are they supposed to do?" 
Then the next day I was driving to the store, when I saw an ambulance parked outside of a bank, and right as I was driving past, a young woman was being wheeled out on a gurney. Again, I started tearing up, saying a little prayer asking that she could be OK and that everything would work out for her. 

What is going on with me?  I'm not really an "emotional" person, but I feel like my heart has been softened recently.  In a way, I like it, because I want to be more epithetic.  I think it's a Christ-like quality that can drive me to action, or at least act as a listening ear and supportive friend.

What a champion!
One more thing, Theo has started climbing into my lap and hugging me around the neck.  It is so sweet, especially coming from my non-snuggely baby.  I sure do love that guy, and maybe someday we can have Corbin back and be a proper family again.

No comments: