Friday, November 30, 2012

Inspiration

I was just reading some truly inspirational stuff, and I would like to share it with you.  

"And he shall come into the world to redeem his people; and he shall take upon him the transgressions of those who believe on his name; and these are they that shall have eternal life, and salvation cometh to none else."

"If ye repent... then will I have mercy upon you, through mine Only Begotten Son... [you] shall have claim on mercy through mine Only Begotten Son, unto a remissions of [your] sins; and [you] shall enter into my rest"

Through these chapters, it talks about the resurrection, and that when Christ comes again, and all our spirits are reunited with our bodies, that we will be just as we were in mortality when it comes to our personalities and thoughts and everything.  

I want to be a good person, so that when I "shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit," that I won't be embarrassed about the things that I've done when I account for them. (Alma 11:44)

The only way that can happen for me, and for anyone, is to use the beautiful gift of the Atonement that Christ has given us, to change and become better. 

Especially during the Christmas season, I'm grateful for the opportunity to repent, and hopefully please God.


I've also been re-enchanted with Ithaca.  Our first (sticking) snowfall has come today, and it is beautiful.  I was driving home from a meeting, and at a stop sign, I was looking at the snow hitting the windows.  Perfect little crystals were coming down. 

I can already tell that this Christmas season is going to be amazing!

No comments: