Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Cute Babies!



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day! The Gullys and the Millers make a dream team when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner.  Leslie made the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green bean casserole.  I made a sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and rolls.  

After dinner, we had a delicious completely homemade apple pie that Leslie made, and a delectable derby pie that I made.  (No shame in tooting my own horn.  The pie was dang good.)
This little lady was downing stuffing and potatoes like she hadn't eaten in days.  It was so cute!

After dinner (and sitting for a minute to recover) we played a round of Mario Party.  It was pretty fun, and I made a surprise finish from behind.  It was quite glorious!

Because I won, we had a wiimatch a couple days later.  Corbin stomped us all.  I guess we'll have to have a wiimatch of the wiimatch. 
 On Friday, Theo and I decorated for Christmas.  He had a grand time playing with all the glittery beautiful decorations, the soft fluffy blankies and stuffed snowmen, and our musical snow globe that plays Here Comes Santa Claus. 

Decorating took a bit longer than last year, since I now have a little helper, but I found that I didn't mind.  It made me think of last Christmas time when Theo was still hanging out inside me.  I was so excited for my baby-to-be, and now he's here!  And wonderful!  I'm so thankful for a happy, healthy, adorable little boy!

 Even though he is such a wonderful blessing in our lives, he's still a little rascal! I plugged in the strings of lights to test if they worked, and I thought to myself, "he's going to to love playing with the twinkly lights!"

But instead...
 All he wanted to do was unplug them.  He's really into unplugging things these days, so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Now for extra cute pictures!

 He is also into dropping things into the tub.  Here he is dropping floss and a pacifier.  The other day, while I was in the shower, I got some baby sockies and a comb in there to join me.


 First time wearing shoes
We took some lovely walks over the weekend since it was relatively warm. I think I feel a Thanksgiving tradition coming on!

Speaking of traditions, we did not watch the Macey's parade.  We didn't even watch the Pedigree dog show!  But maybe some day when we have TV that tradition will come to life for the Millers!



1 comment:

teridmama said...

Thanks for the news and the pictures! Love you guys!!!