Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Corbin Scares Me Sometimes, and other stuff

OK, Corbin doesn't do it on purpose.  And he always feels bad when it happens.  But every once in a while, Corbin sneaks up on me, and scares me so bad it's a code brown situation, if you hear what I'm sayin'.

I'm thinking about this because it happened yesterday.  I was giving the baby a bath at about 4 o'clock, and I was chatting with Kellie on the phone.  (Corbin usually comes home around 6, so I was in a false sense of being home alone security)  Theo was splashing around being all cute, when he looks behind me and smiles real big.  I wondered, what's he smiling at, and I turn and see Corbin like two feet away from me.  It was a good thing I was sitting on the toilet at the time (just kidding, but not really).

Maybe I'm just getting jumpy in my old age, or maybe Corbin doesn't realize how stealthy he is. I should just expect that every once in a while, I'll turn around and a large man will be standing real close to me.  

Well, now after I said that, I'm going to live my life in fear, as if I were living in some suspense movie.  It's a good thing Corbin is a loving husband and not some crazed murderer.

And now, some other stuff.
 We got to play with Ava while Leslie went off and got some exciting financial training.  We were all pretty jealous we couldn't go too, but we made due.  Theo was greedy and took the crib for nap time, so Ava got a nest on the floor.
 Later, we all went to vote!  It was the first sunshiny day in about a gazillion days, so we walked to our polling place.  It was great to get out, and we fulfilled our civic duty.  Theo even got a sticker that says "Future Voter" on it.
 I was going to submit this picture to the Vlogbrothers, but I didn't do it in time or something.  But don't I look like a cool Nerdfighter? 
Also, Corbin is going full throttle on the banjo.  He even got those fancy finger pick things in the mail today.  I'm not gonna lie, I look pretty legit playing my lick on the banjo.

Also, Theo now has 7 teeth.

2 comments:

teridmama said...

I will have to have a talk with my boy about scaring you! :-) Your baby is adorable and I like your voting stance!

teridmama said...

I will have to have a talk with my boy about scaring you! :-) Your baby is adorable and I like your voting stance!