Saturday, March 02, 2013

A Peek into What I Believe

Theo went to bed an hour early tonight, which meant an extra hour of me time.  Thanks, Baby!

As I was looking through our DVDs, I thought it might be nice to watch The Testaments, which is a historical fiction depicting scenes from the time of Christ in Ancient Israel and Ancient America.  My favorite scene is in the last two minutes of the film. 

One of the characters, Helam, has been waiting his whole life to see the Messiah, only to be blinded during the destruction following Jesus' crucifixion. But when Christ visits as a resurrected being, he finds Helam in the crowd. Helam is instantly overcome with joy at the sound of the Masters voice speaking his name.  Christ heals him and he gets to see his face.

How will it be to hear my name spoken by Christ someday?  I can only imagine how wonderful that will be, and I want to live my life well so that he will know me. I certainly know him, because I recognize his presence in my life. I'm grateful for the joy, peace, and hope I find in believing.

Because of Jesus Christ, my family can be together forever.


1 comment:

teridmama said...

I am glad you are a forever family! Thanks for joining our family, making my boy happy and having that adorable grandson of mine! Love you!