Monday, May 26, 2014

Theo is dang cute


The other day, he saw me putting on a necklace, and wanted one of his own.  I got him the super shimmery one because I knew he could pull it off himself.  But then he wanted the green beads because I had been wearing them the day before.  He wore these around for an hour at least!



Theo and I organized the baby clothes this week, and we found the toddler sized sleep sacks from Corbin's adviser (Mike gave us so many cute girl clothes!)  So here, Theo is sporting a Superman hat, purple sleep sack with princess, Flash socks with Spiderman sandles.  The height of fashion!


To celebrate Memorial Day, our friend Kristy organized a trip to the Ithaca cemetery.  She had paper and crayons for doing rubbings, gravestone bingo, a map of the grounds... Kristy is truly fancy.  We went for the first little while and had a great time.

The Ithaca cemetery is really cool, with lots of old gravestones. Pictured above is the gravestone for a man who escaped slavery through the underground railroad.  His mother is buried with him, and I think it says on this that she lived to be 102 years old.  Impressive.


The grounds were so beautiful, but set on a very steep and long hill. I had a hard time making it, to say the least.


But look at my cute family! Theo was in charge of pressing the button for these.



There were several gravestones I saw in my wanderings of children and teens.  One simply said "Our Bessie," with her birth and death date.  She was only 15. I can't imagine what it must be like to bury a child, and I hope I never have that experience.



Can you see Theo's "backpack?" One of my tiny purses that he needed to tote around his toys.


Here Theo is posing with the gravestone of a revolutionary war veteran.  He was about 20 when the war started, and lived many years after. It's amazing to think of the history we get to enjoy here.

For those who have read to the end, here are some bonus Theo stories.

I've been testing my blood for about two weeks now, and Theo is always very interested, and wants to be involved. Finally, the other day, I couldn't take his little hands being all up in my business.  So I asked if he wanted me to poke his finger too, hoping it would freak him out and he would leave me alone.  He came over, and I gave his finger a poke.  Instead of being freaked out, he was very cool about it.  He looked at the drop of blood that started coming out, then wanted to put it on the test strip. I'm afraid my plan backfired, because now he thinks I'll do it for him every time. Oh my brave little man.

It was actually only a few minutes after the above story that Theo was eating an apple.  He got half way through when he stopped.  I asked him if he would eat the rest, and he said no.  So I asked if I could eat the rest for him, and he still said no.  Then I said, "well, who is going to eat the rest of this apple?" He replied, "Ruby." I love it when he refers to her, especially when we're saying family prayers.

Yesterday, Theo asked me to sing Sh-Boom (a song from the Taffetas). It has been at least a month since he's heard me sing that. What a memory on this guy!

1 comment:

teridmama said...

Adorable Theo and adorable parents! Love you!