Sunday, September 21, 2014

Recent Adventures


The Relief Society had an opening social doing go carts, and it was awesome!  I wish we did sweet activities like this more often.  I was having nostalgic flashbacks to Fiesta Village.  My face and hands were frozen at the end of my second round- totally worth it!



This is an older picture, but look at this cute family!


I've been experimenting with hair and makeup styles.  I love getting my hair as high as it can go!


The other day, we were looking for one of Theo's baby dolls, and I suggested we look in my room.  After we walked back there, looked, and couldn't find it, Theo said, "ah well.  Good thinkin', Mommy."  That makes me feel good as a Mommy, knowing that I've at least taught him that phrase.


Ruby was six weeks old when I took these pictures.  Are six week old babies usually so strong?   I don't know, but I love it!



We went raspberry picking last week, and I'm pretty sure it's my new favorite thing. We might have to go again when Grandma Teri comes!


We sure live in a beautiful place.


Theo, Ruby and I might not be the most efficient team, but we got a bunch of good berries.


I had to feed Ruby while we were there, and there's nothing better to occupy a boy than a huge mud puddle. 


Want to use this picture as your wallpaper? I am.


Don't worry, he didn't eat a wild animal. We had a great time painting.


Isn't she a dream? I love snuggling a sleepy baby.


When Theo woke up from his nap, the first thing he did was start grabbing for Ruby. I just thought he wanted her to get her off me, but I realized he wanted to hold her.  So I laid her across his lap, and he stroked her face with his blankie and said she was beautiful.  What a sweet brother!


I sure love my family.  Recently, I was getting ready in the bathroom, and Theo came in saying, "Where's my daddy?" Not a usual phrase he uses, since he knows Daddy is usually at school.  So I looked down and saw he was asking on his little Lightning McQueen's behalf after his big Lightning McQueen bath toy.  When he pulled out the bath toy, the two cars hugged and said, "Mmm, Daddy! I love you, Dadddy!" I think we are raising a very warm boy, and that also makes me feel good as a mommy.


One of my favorite things he says is "lass more." That's his version of "last one." So imagine Theo, in his sing-songy voice, with one more Cheerio in his bowl, saying "lass more!" It's pretty darn cute.


One day, Theo chose a bow for Ruby, and obviously he had to choose one for himself, too.


I think it was a couple weeks ago, we were having dinner and Theo was running around not eating.  Corbin jokingly said he would cry and scream like Theo does if he didn't take this bite. Eventually, Corbin did some silly crying and screaming, not unlike what he does often when they play.  But something about it freaked Theo out.  He froze, then started whimpering. Corbin picked him up for a snuggle, and Theo sat back and screamed a primal scream, like his appendix had chosen that moment to burst.

Eventually Corbin got him to calm down, walking him around and playing with toys. But he would still give Corbin a mistrusting look every now and again.  The worst part about it all was the look on Corbin's face, heartbreak. My two boys are so tender sometimes. That part, I love.

And don't worry, Theo was completely over it by the next day. He sure loves his daddy.




Our lovely neighbors let us borrow this fun car until it gets cold.  Theo doesn't quite get how to drive it, but he sure loves sitting in it.


"I wearing makeup."


"Wingardium leviosa!"  (it's really a laser pointer, Theo is like a cat with his love for the dot)


3 comments:

teridmama said...

Such a cute boy! And such fun stories! I will see you guys soon!!

Whitney Hardie said...

I love his tenderness - one of Theo's best qualities.

Paul Chatfield said...

Thanks for sharing, Julie. I love your beautiful family. But, I can't shake the notion that you are the most beautiful of the bunch.