Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Newborn/family photo shoot


I'm so excited to share these wonderful photos!  The lovely Jill McCracken did a wonderful job at capturing the sweetness of that newborn Ruby.  Thank you so much, Jill!!!


Check out those arm rolls! They've only gotten rolly-er, and I love it.


These are eyes that were just looking into Heavenly Father's eyes. What a precious gift she is to our family.


Talk about looking right into your soul.



It was great having my mom there to wrangle everyone and give picture ideas. 


There are several of us laughing hysterically like this, which are so fun. It was set off by my mom holding me in her arms, but those photos don't flatter anybody.


Three generations of fabulous ladies!


Theo is so sweet to his baby. He always does the little piggies to her toes, and he'll often remind me that she's a beautiful girl.


What a proud daddy!  


It makes me love him that much more to see how he loves his daughter. 



"This is how daddies hold their sons and mommies hold their daughters."  -Corbin



We were outside this afternoon, and saw a very fuzzy caterpillar.  Theo started talking to it, and offered to eat a tomato with it. How kind and generous to share.






There are a little stuffed moon and star attached to a shade on her bassinet. Since she likes to be awake from 8 to midnight, we stick her in there until she gets too lonely and she joins us in our bed.  But in the mean time, she has figured out that if she kicks hard enough, the bassinet moves and wiggles around the star and moon, which she likes to watch.  So while Corbin and I are in our bed, we see hers rocking pretty intensely. What a strong girl!

I can't get enough of these little hands! We sure love our Ruby!

I would also like to give a shout out to the fabulous Sara, for jumping to our rescue on Saturday. We were at a baptism for a friend. Corbin was conducting, and I was nursing Ruby, and Theo was running out the door.  Without our asking or Sara thinking twice, she jumped up and hung out with him until we were ready to parent him again.  She did it twice through the meeting, actually.  I'm thankful for wonderful friends!!!

3 comments:

teridmama said...

wonderful pictures! Beautiful family!! Can't wait to see you guys!!

:-)

Whitney Hardie said...

She is such a beauty! Like her momma! I love the photo where she's looking right into the camera. So happy for you guys - you have another awesome kid.

Kendall Miller said...

Love the pictures and love you guys. So sweet!