Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fun Dance

Last night was the stake dance, and let me just say I haven't had that much fun at a dance in a VERY long time, possibly even ever. We did a bunch of line dances that we lerned for family home evening, and I felt truly mormon. It was so great to wear pants instead of a skirt, because you can dance so much more freely. This kid Dan who is really awesome came up and danced sort of at me, and it was really fun. I have never been asked to dance by other people before. I danced with Blane, RHBen, Talmage, Morgan, Thane, and Kevin. They were all really fun. When Ben and I were dancing, we were really close, so it was wierd to look at him. I would talk to him facing left or right, but eventually I got comfortable with it. During one of the swing songs, Talmage taught me this cool step that you do side by side with someone, and I discovered that it is very dangerous to dance next to him. He kicked like ten people just in that one song. He was also wearing his all white gangsa outfit with a dew rag and hat. He is so wierd. Anyways, it was always fun to be in different circles of people, because there was always a different kind of energy. Wayne was the... most intertaining person to watch. Tim was there, and I guess he isn't much of a dancer, because it didn't look like he was having much fun, and he left sometime through. After the dance, we all loitered around and talked, and I mentioned that I was so hot that I wanted to roll around in the snow, so RHBen was like, OK, and he started pulling me towards the door. Then on our way we saw some other people from our family, and he started convincing them to go with us. We stood there for a while, and I decided to go without him, or else I was going to cool down too much to do it. So Roxy and I went outside and ran around in the snow without any shoes on. I never knew people were serious when they said its like being stabbed in the foot when walking through snow, but it really does feel like that. Anyways, we all went over to T Hall and hung out till 1:30. That was really nice and fun and relaxing. Then when the boys were kicked out, Roxy and I went upstairs and watched the extras of Talladega Nights until 2:00. Thus concluded our very fun day.

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

Hey, I was at that dance too! and it was very fun. but very hot.