Thursday, August 30, 2012

Book Club!


The branch ladies got together last night and decided the year's book club books.  I can't even tell you how excited I am to participate.  I love reading, and this will be a great way for me to branch out into genres I usually don't explore.  Plus, it's at least one night a month where I'm guaranteed to get out of the house.

Not to mention getting to know the women of the branch even better.  There was an excellent turn out last night.  The room was packed, babies everywhere, and delicious treats.  I get to host the club at my house in a couple months.  Can I just say how glad I am that I have a home I am excited to invite people to?

If you're in the club, you will be lounging in this lounge!
(Sidenote: I love that my fridge doesn't freeze all my food.  We've had a bag of baby carrots in there a week and I can still eat them!  Also, I was vacuuming the house today, and there are outlets everywhere!  Yeah, life is good)

If you would like to read along with us, below is the list of books dates to read them by.  Seriously, I would love to discuss them with you, even if you can't come to the meeting in person.  As an educator, I implore you: GET YOUR READING ON!


And here's a sleeping baby
  • The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. September 26th
  • Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling.
  • Little Bee by Chris Cleave. November 14th
  • Still Alice by Lisa Genova. December 12th
  • Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. February 13th
  • Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. March 13th
  • My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potek. April 17th
  • The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. May 15th

1 comment:

Brittany Bird said...

My Name is Asher Lev is my Texas Roommate Hannah's favorite book!