Thursday, July 25, 2013

Moms, Softball, and Worms

I hear my baby cooing in his room while he's supposed to be sleeping, so I'll try and be quick.


 In my quest to make new friends in Ithaca, I joined MOMS club, which is sort of like a support group for stay-at-home moms.  There are various play groups a couple times a week at parks or a mom's home.  There are no kids allowed activities at night, like crafting nights or board game parties.  And there is an email network so moms can get recommendations on doctors or babysitters, or offer hand me downs to other moms.  Theo and I have only been to a handful of activities, but we really like it!  I don't know anybody that well yet, but it's nice to get out and play. 


Theo has been experiemnting with saying words, and it is suuuuper cute.  Here's a list of ones he has so far: ball, trash, shoe, mama, dada, banana, hotdog, salsa. These things are very important to him, apparently.

Sporting an oversized shirt from Grandma
 Corbin was invited to join an intramural soft ball team by the professor he researches for.  The team is mostly philosophy guys, so they are the Philosoraptors.  I love that.  Theo and I went to a game last week, and he loved it!  There were a lot of families who came to watch, so Theo had to hit up every snack bag, water bottle, coloring book, and open backpack that he could get his hands on.  He loved picking up the extra balls, and cheering for whoever was batting. 

Corbin is having lots of fun too. He's getting into the swing of it, pun intended. 



Our Reading Wormie is growing!  I'm almost to 4,000 pages, and I seem to be the only one cashing in my prizes.  I shouldn't be surprised, though.  I'm the one who came up with the list, so it's mostly things that I wanted anyways. 

Corbin has gotten me into Brandon Sanderson books, so lots of fantasy.  That's not a genre I've explored much, but I've enjoyed it thusfar.  I've read about a thousand pages of it, so I'm due for a little break.  Any suggestions for classics?

No comments: