Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fun stuff we do

Last week, we went on a family date to the "Celebrate Cayuga Lake" festival.  I'd heard about it through the MOMS club grapevine, but I wasn't exactly sure what it was going to be like.  Turns out, it was super fun.

It was held at the farmers market, so we got some delicious Greek food for dinner, and enjoyed a couple of live bands.  One duo does a kids juggling show, and they did a bit for us.  It was so much fun, that we might have to take Theo to their next one.

The other band was great as well.  The space right in front of the band was full of dancing children, which I suppose is not their usual audience makeup.  

There were also some birds of prey, chilling in a planter with their owners nearby.  There was paddle boarding, lots of doggies to pet, and beautiful weather.  It was the perfect family event.


Today, Theo and I went to the Story in the Park put on by the library.  We heard stories and songs all about dinosaurs.  A couple of weeks ago, it was all about bugs.  What will next week be?


After Theo got his dinosaur sticker (as seen on the back of his shirt below), we ran off to the library to choose a book for Mommy (The Hobbit), and to play with their deluxe kitchen.

Seriously, I have never seen such a well stocked kitchen in my life.  I kind of wish my kitchen were more like it.  There are baskets and baskets of food, and more kitchen gadgets than you can shake a stick at.  What kid needs a potato masher, pie crust crimper, functioning food scale, etc, etc, etc?  My kid, that's who.

Even though the library system and selection aren't great here, they toys are wonderful.

1 comment:

teridmama said...

cute pictures! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves!