Friday, August 02, 2013

My Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday, and so many of you made it special and wonderful.
I shall now tell a few things that happened, interspersed with cute pictures and anecdotes of the baby.
Theo has figured out his bed has wheels. 

 Yesterday morning Corbin gave me one of the most marvelous gifts: sleep.  He got up with the baby, and made me some breakfast in bed.

Theo got banished from the bathroom after flagrant misuse of the shower.  A minute later I started getting deposits. 

 The family watched the rest of the Redbox from the night before, then took a family nap for a while.

New sidewalk chalk on our new driveway pavement
 We stood at the window and watched the moving guys take all our new neighbor's stuff into the house.  Which means we have new neighbors!  More on them later.



Looking at the truck, literally outside our window

We took a stroll to the park, had lunch, and played Cribbage.


Our original plan of going to Corbin's softball game got rained out, so we went to dinner at Ithaca Bakery instead, which was a delicious idea.


In the nooks and crannys of the day, we got to video chat with most of my family.  I sure love them!  One weird outcome of this new video chatting ability is no extended birthday calls.  This in turn undermined our family's usual tradition of singing "happy birthday." I'm not complaining, but it was weird to hear it only once, from my sweet niece Lucy.  The upside to that was she called me Julie Junior.  I love her!


Anyways, the rest of the night was spent in Corbin restringing his banjo, and my playing a Wii game from the Redbox.  We sound like Redbox junkies, but we only get them when they're free.  So maybe we're just really cheap junkies.


All in all, I had a wonderful and relaxing day.  I don't think I made it clear, but Corbin even stayed home from school the whole day to tend to my every whim.  I sure love that man; he makes me feel loved.

A fuzzy feathery caterpillar climbed on our water bottle. And this boy was not photogenic during our whole park trip.  He's still cute, though.
I must give a shout out to those who sent me gifts, because I love them so much!  The people and the gifts.  In fact, I'm sporting a necklace in one of the pictures below that came from a jewelry spree in California in honor of my birthday.  


 One more thing.  Today my lovely friend Micquel and her cute son Hal dropped off a yummy looking  birthday cupcake.  They even stayed and played for almost an hour, which was my favorite part.  And another lovely friend Sarah made me some birthday cookies.  I'm so lucky to have wonderful friends!(especially ones who will shower me with treats  ;)
To die for birthday treats from Collegetown Bagels. I will dream of these until next we get them, which might have to be soon.

1 comment:

teridmama said...

I was chuckling at the picture with no comment about Theo being naked in it. :-)
Glad you had a happy birthday!