Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I Painted!

Bonus Theo picture.  He insisted that he put his coat on, zip it up, and run around the house
 Over the weekend, I preped the living room by filling holes, washing walls, and pulling all the furniture to the center of the room. Corbin also helped me tape.  He's been so supportive through all my endeavors lately.  Thanks, Baby!
On Monday morning, I had to contrive ways of keeping Theo out of the living room. He ended up playing in the bath tub while I got ready for the day. 

   

When nap time struck, I was ready! I whipped out the paint and got to work.  That sweet baby slept for three hours, by which time I'd almost finished with the second coat.

 

 When he woke up, my lovely friend Micquel let me drop him off at her house. I hadn't even fed him lunch, I just rushed in like a whirlwind, leaving a child in my wake.  I'm so grateful to have awesome friends like Micquel!

Anyways, I rushed back home and took a few more hours finishing the two coats of edging.  And you know what?  I love the results!!!


Possibly even more than the color, I love the fact that I did a quality job painting, unlike whoever pained it previously.   I'm not ashamed to toot my own horn.  It looks awesome!

This pic was for Grandma, who sent this adorable shirt!
I picked up Theo and Corbin when I finished, and we came home to relax.  We had pizza for dinner, in celebration of my making into the cast for "The Taffetas!" My character is Kaye Taffeta, and I am so excited to be a part of this!  The other three women in the cast are my friends Whitney and Emily, and my soon to be friend Liz (I hadn't met her before the callbacks).  We will be performing in a fund raiser talent show next month, so we're getting to work right away.  We'll be doing a medley from the show, and my solo is "Where the Boys Are." This will be a fun journey, and might get me jump started into other theatrical endeavors in the future.  Who knows?



I put all the furniture back (with some help from Corbin for the heavy stuff), and hung the pictures.  By the end of the day, the living room was completely put back together, a finished product.  


If I had known how relatively inexpensive and quick this would be, I would have done it a year ago!  Of course I'll have to paint it back white when I leave, but maybe I'll convince the new tenants to convince our land lords to let me leave it.  That won't be for years, though.  


This makes me really excited to have my own house some day and make it look just the way I want it.  I'm developing my small talent for decoration, and I think I'm making progress.


Hott Booty! My only paint slip up.  Actually, there was another this morning.  When I got out of the shower, I found Theo knocking on the bathroom door with the paint- soaked brush from the day before!  Fortunately there were only a few splotches on the door, and a green faced baby.  I sure love that kid.



2 comments:

Sara Passey said...

It looks amazing! I am thoroughly impressed! PS I bought us flashing bracelets from the dollar aisle of target today for the Glow Run!

teridmama said...

It looks fabulous honey! Cute Theo!!