Thursday, September 27, 2007

Dreams?

So I had some crazy dreams last night. In one of them, I was with Kellie, and my little baby piglet, and we were between some portables somewhere, maybe Cope. Anyways, Daddy calls me and says he needs some help. There is a cat that is going to have kittens, and he needed it to come inside his classroom so that it could be out of the rain, but it wouldn't come. So Kellie and I get into the car, and we see a "pelican" which was really a HUGE goose. I'm talking, bigger and taller than me. Kellie and I sit there and wonder at its beauty for a few seconds. (here's what was going through my mind. You know how in real life, Daddy has a great appreciation for bees, and is sad when they're lost when it's cloudy or something? Well, in my dreams, he apparently had this same appreciation for "pelicans," so Kellie and I honored him by watching it) So we see the bird fly off into the stormy sky, and we start driving to Daddy's school. My piglet was in my lap, and when I looked down, it looked really sick and wasn't moving. By the time we got out of the car, it was dead. I was so sad, and I just stood there holding my limp little piglet. That's when I woke up (it was about 3:30) and I was crying. I had to calm myself down for a few minutes, and I don't know why it made me so sad, but it did, and it still does. Moral of the story, don't get me a piglet unless you know it's going to live.
But there's a happy ending: I did my first successful french braid to my hair today, and it looks really cute.

2 comments:

Holly F. said...

You can tell that I'm hormonal, because I am also crying at your dead piglet. Lame brain!

Zotz said...

This blog shows that you have a tender heart and soul. I won't tell Kellie about this one though...it would break her heart. The poor piggy.