Friday, September 14, 2007

So I guess I should write a new post since some pretty fun stuff has happened this week. First of all, Bill asked me on Tuesday if I wanted to do something with him on Saturday. Of course I said yes, so I guess we're going hiking tomorrow. My plan is to ask him up to my apartment afterwards to watch a movie. I hope it works.
On Wednesday, I got called into an interview with one of the members of the bishopric, and I totally got a calling! Sunday school Secretary! I have no idea as to what I'm going to be doing, but I think they'll give me an idea. I'll figure it out. I'm just so excited because it's my first honest to goodness calling.
Last night Leesa and I went on the porch to eat some beans, and Juliet and a boy named David came and joined us. Then the guitars came out and people started singing, and the sidewalk chalk came to play. It was fantastic!
Today (or some day soon) is Mexican Independence day, so Claudia has invited us all to go to a big fiesta where there will be salsa dancing, and salsa eating, and Jorge! Maybe I got the spelling wrong, but he is still rock awesome.
This week I've gotten two letters from Tim, one containing some fun pictures! I got one of him and Monson Elder in front of the Provo temple, and another of them doing a Matrix shot. It looks pretty cool.
I'm super stoked for Sunday dinner at Grandma's house. I hope my rolls last that long. They've been doing pretty good all week, but I don't know. Bread can be fickle.
My classes are all going wonderfully. I have about 1 Billion online quizzes every week, and this week I did really well on all of them. I hope I can keep up the tradition. In Shakespeare, there is an extra credit opportunity where we can perform a scene from the play we're studying. Right now we're doing As You Like It, and I've volunteered. I am really excited. Yesterday, Leesa and this boy were practicing a scene for their drama class, and the inner-director came out of me. I feel a little bad for interrupting, and I know I should have let them do it on their own, but when I see a possible improvement, I have to say it. After the boy left, Leesa wanted some help, so I got to run though the scene with her a few times and it was totally fun.
Oh, today in my stats lab, we were going around introducing ourselves and saying something interesting about ourselves. When my turn came around, I said that I loved to play ping pong. This guy across the room whipped his head around and said, "are you good?" I had to give him the honest truth and say, "yeah, I'm pretty good." Then he got to talking about setting up a ping pong club at school and I could be the co president. Then when it was finally his turn, his interesting thing was that he had been the ping pong champion at the school where he did his undergrad. When he was saying it, he was looking right at me. The whole thing was pretty funny, and I hope I get a ping pong game out of it.
Holly, did you know that Bill is 6'2? Wowsers.

1 comment:

Holly F. said...

Julie! That's two shout outs to me at the end of your posts in a row!

Anyway, be careful about asking boys to watch a movie at your place on the first date! Look where it got me! :)