Sunday, April 13, 2008

I went on the Rex Run again Friday night, and it was beautiful!!! I actually took a little detour and went around the duck pond too. I don't know why I keep going down there. Anyways... Mile War: 48.
I went on two dates this weekend. One with the fabulous Elliot. We went and saw the Emma Smith movie (which was surprisingly awesome), got lunch, and came back to my place for games. I got him hooked to Buzz Lightyear! Then we played ping pong, and he is good. Turns out he used to be treasurer for the ping pong club in high school. We had lots of fun, and I hope I get to see him again before he goes.
Then yesterday, I went out with Quinn. We hiked the Y, and got to see the sun set. It was beautiful. Then we went to Trafalga (sp?) and played on the outside one. While we waited for one hole, we played horse on the one we'd just finished. He thought up crazy ways to do it, but never got a one. We had a blast. Then we got ice cream and had a great discussion on books and movies and stuff. Through the night he would ask me silly hypothetical questions, like what I'd do with a million dollars. Then we talked about our dream houses, and he wants a bat cave, an aquarium room, and some other crazy cool stuff. I said I'd have a shooting gallery, and a moving sidewalk. Turns out Quinn is a movie buff, and we have a lot of the same interests. We talked a lot of Napoleon Dynamite, Muppet movies, super hero movies... it was awesome. We also talked about how great Mr. Rogers was, and all his cool adventures. In the car he played me all this cool music, and I want to go find some of it. He did basket ball in high school, which doesn't surprise me. It was fun standing next to him, because I had to look straight up to see his face.
But at the end of the night I felt like such a doooooofus! He walked me to my door at about 11:30, and I really wanted to invite him in, but what would we have done for a half hour before I had to kick him out? So we were standing outside my door, and I was trying to decide if I should ask him in, when he just jumped in and thanked me for coming. I thanked him back for the wonderful night, and he gave me a hug. As he walked away he told me to make sure and take breaks while I study for finals, so I can do better. I really want to hang out with him again, so maybe he would like to join me for one of the breaks I'm sure I'll be taking. We can watch a movie, or finger paint. I just really want to finger paint. I just have to get to him before he goes back home!

1 comment:

Zotz said...

This all sounds so dreamy.