Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dear Pirates:

To answer the comments on my last blog...
BS, you stink. If your name is BS, then YOU need to find a new way to name things!
And Scott, here is the story of Boom Shadow.
My friend in high school was trying to get into film school, so he had to make a movie. He had all the fancy equipment, the location, the script, and all he needed were some actors. I volunteered, and had a wonderful time filming. One day during shooting, the boom mike's shadow fell into the shot, so my friend turned off the camera and said, in a very monotonous voice,"boom shadow." My fellow actor friend turned to me and asked, "Is that a good thing?" So after every successful take of a scene, he would go "BOOMSHADOW!" in celebration. I thought it was so hilarious, I adopted it as my own exclamatory phrase. To this very day, when something is truly praiseworthy, I will shout boomshadow. If that won't even cut it, I'll have to add a "boomshadow eternal!" The end.

And to the rest of the world: BS= Brandon Michael Smith= John Deere, one of the Pirates

No comments: