Friday, November 14, 2008

Apartment Adventures

Once upon a time, Amanda and Miriam came to visit me in my bedroom. There was a bunch of stuff on my bed, so we sat on Leesa's. Then we got cozy, and Leesa eventually walked in on us cuddling on her bed. It was pretty awesome. Then the camera came out and such beauties as this...





came to be. Then Leesa jumped on, and all 4 of us had a party. It was great, and I love random fun roommate time. Oh the memories...


Last night we went on an apartment group date to go see "Savior of the World" in Salt Lake. It's a musical about the birth and death of Christ, and it is absolutely amazing. On the drive up, Brandon, Amy, and I played a sweet game. I had to fulfill many different kinds of tasks (give someone a wet willy, turn my head 360 degrees, successfully point out a temple to John Deere) to earn points. When I reached 15 points, I could gain the precious knowledge of Amy's middle name. It took the whole ride, but I did it! =)
There was a great big fun bunch of people. In this picture is Leesa, Matt, Amy, Steven, and me (don't mind my crazy face).

Here there is Garrett, Amanda, Camen, Miriam, Brandon (who was trying his best to hide from the camera) and me (who was trying my best to make him visible).
Here is the failed attempt at a picture of John Deere and me. He was being a little punk!


But then I threatened enough and he gave in. Maybe I like the first one better. ;)

During the show, I was all trying to feel the spirit, and all Brandon wanted to know was when the laser show was going to start. He was saying the funniest things, and I couldn't help but laugh a lot of the time. All in all, it was a really fun time! After the show, Leesa took us backstage for a tour, and we got to walk around on the stage and the catwalk and meet some of the actors and play London bridges in the hallway! I've never felt so in with the in-crowd!
Afterwards, we all went to Burger King and had some dinner. When you look at the picture below, you realize the moral of the story is to never give a camera to a bunch of clowns! We had a great time eating and laughing and talking to this crazy old guy who seemed to have an unseen connection to Brandon.


Anywho, the last event of the night was a lovely romp around a small park that overlooked Salt Lake. It was fun and really beautiful, but bum-clenchingly cold! I made a wish on a dandelion, admired the capitol building, and hurt my ankle while jumping off the swings. (don't worry, it isn't bad enough to stop me from having gone running tonight)

The ride home was nice and snug with four people in the back seat. Even with all the body warmth, it was hard to get warm. But that's OK. Getting frost bite was worth all the wonderful memories and experiences I got to build with some of my closest friends. Special shout out to Leesa for scoring those tickets, and to Brandon for coming with me, and to the academy for the emmy. Cheers!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Doesn't the Academy give out Oscars, not Emmys? Or is there another academy for the Emmys? I don't know.

Zotz said...

Wow, Julie! I just can't believe how much you are my very favorite daughter, and how I want to shower you with love and gifts of all shapes and sizes!