Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Traditions

I got to give a talk on Sunday to the Juvinile detention center kids on Thanksgiving, and it was way fun. It got me thinking of past Thanksgivings and all the fun we've had as a family. Lawrence Lee and I were swaping traditions, and I told him and his roommates about watching the dog show. Let me just say, I was thouroughly judged for it, but those poodles and beagles will live on in my heart forever. If you agree that watching the dog show is one of the best things to do on a Thanksgiving day, please give me a comment shout out. What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?

In other news, FHE last night roller skating was totally fun, and my family of geeks won the costume contest!


Leesa got free tickets to Savior of the World for Thursday, so we're going on an apartment group date. I'm going with John Deere, and it's going to be way fun!

I got my midterm back for Geography, and I got a 92%! Hooray!!!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

So, the dog show is way one of the best traditions, and anyone who says otherwise is an animal hater. Your nerd family is totally awesome and funny.

One of my favorite Thanksgiving day traditions each getting to make some of the food every year. It is fun to make the meal as a family

Zotz said...

Julie you are such a babe!!

One of my favorite thanksgiving traditions is the family walk we go on. I love hearing the conversations and all of us just enjoying ourselves in our pretty little town.

Scott said...

The dog show stinks! *stabs a puppy dog*

Ok, that's mean and messed up, and I admit, I've watched the dog show, but it's certainly no tradition for me. My tradition involves a way cooler show: The LA Auto Show!!!!! Unfortunately I had to miss it last year because my parents decided to do something lame instead, as parents usually do, and we went to North Carolina for Thanksgiving at my brother's place instead of having it in awesome California.

Also, I want to give a shout out to my Bull Market tie in your pictures. Way to be.