Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Guess What I Just Did?

Well, I'm sure we all know about my little issue of deciding whether I should go back to Redlands or stay in Provo for July and August. I was thinking about this in the temple the other week, and Elder Oak’s talk came into my mind of good, better, best. I was like, well, both my choices would be good, but which one would be better... and wait a second... is there a third option that would be best? Then the idea popped into my mind of being an EFY councilor. At first I was like, NO WAY! and I left the temple more confused than I came in. I hadn't really thought about it much until this morning. I went back to the temple, and asked that same question again, should I stay or should I go? And the same thing happened, what about EFY? Then I thought about it for a minute, and decided that maybe that is a good idea. I don't really understand that, because I've always been generally anti-EFY for various reasons (mostly the cheesy music). But I decided to be obedient and just give it a try, looking at dates and opportunities to do it. I came home and looked online. Lo and behold, EFY is coming to Redlands this summer! So, all of a sudden, I find myself applying to be an EFY councilor in Redlands during July 20-25! How weird and crazy is that!? If this happens, then I'll stay in Provo until the July 18 or 19, go back to California for EFY, then stay in Redlands until after my birthday on August 1, then come back to Provo and find a better job for my new schedule in the fall. As I'm thinking about it, it kind of is the best of both worlds. Interesting development... Please, input would be nice on this plan, so feel free to comment.

2 comments:

Holly F. said...

Not a bad idea at all, Julikins! I think that will be the perfect amount of time in Provo and at home for you!

Zotz said...

I am excited for you. I think it's a great plan for you. When do you find out if you're "in"?