Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rock Climbing


(not an actual picture from our trip)

The Pirates' friend came into town this weekend, so to celebrate she made them dinner (I don't know how they swung that), and we all went rock climbing at the Quarry. I've never done indoor style, and the last time I went real rock climbing was for the mia maid activity when I was like 14. It was a complete BLAST! Going into it, I knew I would be belaying for Steve, which made me a little nervous since he's so much bigger than me. But thanks to the ancient technology of pulleys and whatever, his life was kept safe in my hands. And vise-versa. Thanks for not letting me die, Steve-o!
I felt pretty pathetic after my first climb. I did get to the top, but it took me forever and my arms were so tired I had to have Steve undo my rope for me. What a good sport. But after some expert advice from John Deere, I tore up those rock faces! I finished just about every wall I tried, and not too slowly either (well, by my standards). It was fun watching everyone else climb too.
But I was glad to hear yesterday that I'm not the only one of our group who has dysfunctional limbs afterwords. Now I know which muscles are used to climb with though.

No comments: