Monday, March 02, 2009

Welcome!

I have been informed by a very reliable informant that I have some new readers on this very fine blog. You are very welcome! And now I shall be a little more strategic with my words, but don't worry. It will still be totally awesome to read. And a special thanks to Scotty for being my publicity man! PUTNAM!

Yesterday was the most perfect Sunday I've had in a long long time, mostly because I got to spend it all with Steve, but for many more reasons which I shall present now.

It began with some spiritual enlightenment at Stake conference in the Provo tabernacle. I got to sit with a delightful mix of pirates and wenches (apt. 420 and 403). Then we all came home and made a huge breakfast for lunch. March 1st rang in the first day of springtime, and it was glorious! It felt so lovely outside that we enjoyed our breakfast lunch out on the grass and got our daily measure of vitamin D. After a period of general rest and relaxation, we had our first respectable stoop party of the year. All down the streets people were on their lawns: Frisbees and footballs were flying, guitars and ukulele's were being strummed, cards and spoons were being thrown, scooters and bikes were being ridden... it was magical.

Soon Shyla and Russell came and picked up Steve and I for a lovely evening at Grandma's house, full of delicious food and good company. Other than my throwing a good measure of gravy on the floor, it was rather uneventful.

When we came back, Steve and I parted company for the first time that day, he to call his mom and I to do whatever I wanted. Apparently I wanted to talk to Carlie and get great ideas from her for a story. SHOUT OUT TO CARLIE FOR HER CREATIVITY AND ROCK AWESOMENESS! Then I worked over my story (which I turned in today, and it's pretty great) and read it to as many people as would listen.

The rest of the night was spent helping Steve deliver nice notes, and playing in the sweetest fort 403 has ever seen.

Don't you wish you had been there enjoying the day with me? I do.

"The only thing that would make this situation any better would be some moon boots."

4 comments:

Holly F. said...

Why didn't I think of Carlie; she's a creative genius!

Zotz said...

I wish I could have spent the day with you. However I spent part of my day with the ducks at Ford park. It was an amazing weather day. I got to watch a really big dog catch a frisbee while his little doggie buddy chased him. Wish you could have been with me to see the awesome ducky doggie show.

Julie said...

I love ducky doggy shows!

Laurie said...

Hi Julie!
You're very reliable informant was right...Dave showed me your blog last week. :) It's been fun reading a few of your post and getting to know you a little better. Your dates with Steve just sound so fun, quirky, and spontaneous. I am impressed! I think it would be fun to do a double/group date sometime.