Monday, April 01, 2013

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter weekend!  Saturday had the nicest warmest weather we've seen in probably six months.  There was barely a cloud in the sky, and it got all the way up to 50 degrees! Naturally we took advantage of the day and hunted eggs in our back yard.



 I'm realizing more and more the joy of watching your children have fun, instead of actually doing the fun thing yourself.  I was a tad worried that it would be a chore dragging Theo around the yard, making him put eggs in the basket, yadda yadda.  But I had a fantastic time. Theo got to experience walking on our muddy hills.  You'll notice his pants started off tan, then became brown.  He loved finding the different eggs that Leslie expertly "hid" for the toddlers.


There were eggs with goldfish crackers, yogurt drops, and plenty of chocolates.  Theo only busted a few open during the hunt.  He was really good at throwing them in his basket.  I must say, we did practice for a week or two before Easter.


Theo also found a pile of "chocolates" in the yard, and we were too late in preventing one getting in his mouth. Deer poop will fool you that way.  You might be able to see the poop dribble on his chin. 



Of course we had to hunt eggs with Theo's best friend, Ava.  She was all decked out in her springtime wear, and she was quite a good egg hunter herself.

We also had dinner with the Gullys on Sunday.  They are quality people. For those who I have not whined to yet, they will be moving to Illinois in May.  Devastation is the only word that sums up my feelings on that.


Sunday morning, Corbin woke up sick, so Theo and I went to church sans Daddy.  Corbin was also supposed to direct the choir number during Sacrament meeting, so I filled in as best I could.   We sang "That Easter Morn," and I'm glad I could add my musical testimony to the meeting.

 
During church, we talked about Christ, and how his grace can bless our lives.  I know that when we try to emulate his traits, we become better happier people, and grow closer to God.

He is Risen  by President Eyring is a beautiful testimony of Christ and His resurrection.

I know He lives. This weekend was full of fun, friends, family, and the warmth and hope of our Savior.

1 comment:

teridmama said...

Love you honey! Glad you had a good Easter!