Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Soft Ball and Please

Monday evening held my first and last intramural softball game of the season. Above is a picture of all the wives who came.  We had tons of fun watching, and I think Corbin had fun playing.  It was a beautiful sunny day, albeit a tad too chilly to be comfortable.  The Stormin' Mormons lost to the Sweet Bros (that was truly their team name), so we'll have to wait until next season for another game. 

One of the ladies was very much into yelling and shouting, especially at the other team.  There was a moment when her husband made a bad play and everyone got up in arms.  I then realized that I haven't been part of or near confrontation in a long time, because I did a lot of secret blushing and paid more attention to Theo than he probably needed.  All in all, it blew over and no one's feelings were hurt.  I guess I need to go to more sporting events so I can get used to it, because overall we had fun.


Today during lunch, Theo and I started practicing the baby sign for "please."  This meant that he got whatever he wanted if he said please.  Pretty much all he had for lunch was frosted mini wheats and animal crackers.  We had plenty of veggies before the lesson started, so I didn't feel too bad.  After a while he got frustrated, so we were forced to take a break from the yummy snacks.  Folks, it was rough on us, but we made it through. I hope he catches the vision of please soon, because I dread these lessons will turn into teaching him how to throw tantrums (he's already on his way there, unfortunately).

It's a good thing he's stinkin' cute.  If you haven't already watched Theo's Crazy Eyes, do it now. You won't regret it.

No comments: