Sunday, July 06, 2014

California Dreamin'

 Here is a melee of pictures in no particular order. Enjoy!


Theo and I went to the library and enjoyed the volunteer reader sharing some stories.  I think that would be a great way to volunteer!


Incredible selfie.


I finally gave in and started using the expectant mothers spot at the Sciencenter.  I'm certainly large enough, so I'm going to be in charge enough! #36weeks


Before our Californian trip, we had our lovely friends the Ludwinskis over for dinner.  Not only did Ashley bring a delicious salad, but a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  What a way to brighten my day!


On our way out to California, we were getting on a plane, and we noticed the cockpit door open.  While I pointed out all the fancy buttons to Theo, the pilot invited us in!  He let us sit in his chair, then both he and the co-pilot offered to take pictures!  Wow, these days this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!  Perk of having a toddler!


I don't know why Grandma chose to have her goodbye photo with Theo at bedtime, but this was the best picture of the bunch.  Ironically, Theo and I were looking at these pictures today, and he thought they were great! He liked pointing himself out, and loved seeing Grandma's face!


Corbin invited Theo and I along to his band's basketball game.  As it turns out, Jill McCracken of Jill McCracken and the Last Hooray is quite the fancy photographer. She took the above and below pictures and was kind enough to send me copies. And Jill, if you happen to read this, I heard you might be willing to do a newborn shoot of baby Ruby.  Not to put you on the spot, but I think all of my readers would agree- please do it!!!



While waiting for our hot 'n readies, Corbin plopped Theo in my lap. Between my belly and the steering wheel there wasn't much free space. Corbin had to snap a picture before I threw Theo back out the window.  By the way, I hope no one is too grossed out that I share this, but I had a 36 week streak of not throwing up with this pregnancy. Maybe it was the song that Corbin had just started playing for me that sent me running to the bathroom, but probably not. =)


Cereal hat made a resurgence! 


At Grandma and Grandpa's house, Theo had a luxurious air mattress for his bed, complete with fun printed sheets, and a pillow, which he had never slept with before.  He loved to look at the puppies on it, but who knows how much he actually used it.



It was so fun seeing all my friends in Redlands!  Like this fancy lady above. Summer joined me for a super fun and simple baby shower, along with Kathy and Angela.  We ate frozen yogurt and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, opened adorable baby outfits and toys, and talked and laughed the night away!


Theo forged a love with Buzz Lightyear. He got to take one toy to bed, and Buzz was usually the top candidate.  Corbin would take him after Theo had fallen asleep, because we didn't want Buzz to be our wake up call in the morning with his, "To infinity and beyond!"



Let's talk about that CA weather!  It was gorgeous and sunny the whole time we were there, but the streak of days where it would get up to 85 in the house was a little too much for my 35 week pregnant body. Needless to say, we found every way we could to stay cool: going in the back and playing with the hose and squirt bottle, eating smoothie pops, swimming, and even escaping to the library. By the time our departure date arrived, I was ready to say goodbye to the SoCal sun!


Theo loved seeing his cousins!! Of course, we missed Jett a ton, and wished he were there the whole time.  But we made do and had a grand time.  I never knew a girl's love of puppies could run so deep as Lucy's.  That squinchy nose and closed eyes face she made when you scratched behind her puppy-ears killed me every time!


Corbin took a few days from our California excursion to go to a conference in Provo.  He went on a hike where he almost died, then got to see and say hi to my Aunt Kellie. He had a great time at the conference, then brought back a cooler-full of Provo exclusive treats (Graham Canyon ice cream, JDogs hot dog, Creamery chocolate milk).  What a wonderful husband!


 And that Jacko, such a sweet and tender boy. One day, the three kids and I were the first to get up, so we hung out for a while. Jack started trying to tempt Theo over to him with favorite toys and snacks, in order to get him to snuggle. I tried to explain that Theo liked playing with Jack better than snuggling (with anyone). That same day, during their evening bath, all three kids were playing and splashing.  But Jacko caught a need in his heart for a Theo kiss, and spent the rest of the evening crying and chasing Theo for a kiss.  I tried telling him that Theo shows his love by playing and being silly rather than kisses, but Jacko was having none of it!  Finally at bed time, Jack got a good night kiss that put such a sweet smile on his face.  I love both those boys!

 Photo: Love you both. I wish you much happiness and joy.


Now for the main event of the California trip, the whole reason I was crazy enough to travel so late in the pregnancy game, Kellie and Tyler's wedding!!!!  First off, thanks for getting married so I can say I've been to a sealing that wasn't my own!  I'm glad I had such a good view of Tyler's cute face as he was sealed to my sister for time and all eternity, because it had love written all over it.  Sorry Kell, I couldn't see your face at all, but I'm sure it was the same.  I'm glad I finally got to meet Tyler.  Corbin and I agree that he is adorable, and I'm excited to have him as a brother-in-law.

And I've got to recount this tale so Tyler will never live it down.  When Kellie and Tyler walked in to the sealing room, surrounded by friends and family.  The only chairs in the room are singles, accept for a small couch for the couple to sit on.  Tyler lead Kellie to the couch, then walked to the opposite side of the room and sat down. Everyone was looking at him and at each other trying to figure out what the heck he was doing!  Finally, the sealer (the man performing the ceremony) came in and kindly invited him to sit by his bride, and everyone laughed as he scurried back across the room.  What did I tell you, adorable, right?

Kellie looked so beautiful on their wedding day.  Although it was a million degrees, I'm glad I got to be a part of it.  And major shout out to my mom for putting together and executing a wonderful reception for those kids!  I wished I could have been more helpful, but when a labor and delivery nurse is one of the major players in preparation for the wedding, a pregnant lady can't get a thing done.  I was forced to sit in an air conditioned room with my feet up and a cold bottle of water, lights dimmed and everything.  I can't say that I fought her too much.  Thanks for taking care of me, Angela!

It was so nice being surrounded by my family, and especially getting to share my baby Ruby bump with them.  Tyler's lovely mom introduced herself, and even though she couldn't remember my name, she knew I was Ruby's mommy.  That's a higher compliment, in my mind. 

Another photo compliments of Jill McCracken.

1 comment:

teridmama said...

Fun stories and pictures! Glad things went well on the trip and how fun to sit in the cockpit!

Now, what about this hike my son almost died on???? :-D