Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I have some great guys in my family!

First off, Happy Birthday to Shelley!!! Sorry my baby will most likely not share with you.  I hope that you have lots of fun celebrating, and that all your wildest dreams come true!



We had a busy weekend. Saturday was the designated get the house ready for baby day.  This meant cleaning the carpets (finally. It was my dream to do it every year, but last summer rolled by and we never got around to it.  I figured the baby should get a clean carpet to start out on, since she might be spending a fair amount of time down there).  This process took much of the day, and Corbin was a dream and a half at doing it!  I prepped and vacuumed the house, but he was the master mind behind the actual machine.   He even did the car, and it all looks so beautiful!


Theo came out with his camera to take pictures, so I followed suit.  Anyways,  Corbin also set up our new air conditioner, returned the old one, dropped off books at the library, and transported the carpet machine all over town.  He even pulled out all the baby stuff from our storage closet.  I'm talking bassinet, baby swing, car seat, the works.  I sure love that husband of mine.

While he was busy slaving away, Theo and I took all the covers off the baby stuff and washed them. We set up the bassinet in our room, and filled it with toys to make sure it was secure. He was actually quite helpful in the fact that he went down for a nap, and slept through two hours of us using the vacuum and carpet machine, usually simultaneously.  What a champ. 


Theo was very adamant about testing out Ruby's stuff with his own baby.  We buckled and unbuckled her about five times in a row, then he held and patted her, whispering "you ok, baby?  Ok, baby?" and gave her a little kiss.  My heart absolutely melted.  He is going to be such a sweet and helpful big brother!

Speaking of how sweet he is, here is something funny from this morning.  I was in the bathroom at about 9:30, just gotten out of the shower and getting ready for the day. Theo was running around doing his thing, and I saw him walk past the door holding my phone.  He was talking to Grandpa, which I assumed was a pretend conversation.  Only after I chased him down a little did I see him hit the end call button, which means that Grandpa had received a 6:30 AM unsupervised call from Theo!  I guess they had had a lovely little conversation before Theo hung up.  They talked about breakfast, and Ruby, and dogs, so my dad told me later.  My dad called me back after I'd snatched the phone away, and I apologized profusely.  Luckily, he had already been awake, and was tickled about the whole thing. I guess he'd asked Theo if he had a little sister yet, which was a good guess (too bad not true). So I got to talk to my daddy for about 20 minutes, which was a lovely treat.  And now I know Theo can use my phone well enough to call someone in case of emergency!

Just for journaling sake, here are some things we've done. Corbin had a couple sweet gigs this weekend, and he is a rock star. I went on a girl's night out to Applebee's for some free water (I didn't actually order anything.  Thanks gestational diabetes for keeping me healthier than I might have been.  So ironic), and some trivia.  By the time I left, our team was very much behind, but it was really fun getting out of the house.

At my midwife appointment last week, I had a surprise ultrasound.  They like to do them late in the game with women who have gestational diabetes. I didn't mind the bonus view of my sweet baby.  This was the fourth one of the pregnancy, which is crazy compared to the one I had with Theo.  Ruby is looking good, in a great position, and roughly estimated to be 7 pounds.  It would be most convenient if she waited til my mom came, so we wouldn't have to worry about babysitting for Theo.  But I wouldn't mind one bit if she chose to come earlier than that.

1 comment:

teridmama said...

That Theo is a character and has such a great personality! Love him! I am so glad to hear that my boy is so helpful! Yea for you both! Love to you guys and can't wait to hear when Ruby gets here!