Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Last night was fun, because I got to make Mom a blog. It turns out that blogs are so much easier to get now then they were way back when I got mine. I tried to find the place to add links to her blog, but it took me a while because it's different than mine... and way easier. She is so funny though, because I was typing what she was saying, and she called me Boom Shadow instead of Julie, because she doesn't want someone to take her children. I said that it is nearly impossible for someone to steal your identity if you don't write all your personal information. But no, she is concerned about someone coming to our house and stealing her children away. She is silly.
So I am feeling 100% finally. My throat looks amazing, but I honestly think I'm going to have a scar on one of my tonsils. I'm not tired. Mom and I went on a long intense walk this morning, and it felt great. Kirk and I have gone running a couple of times. I have an appetite again, and I can eat more than two bites of food before getting full. I haven't gained my weight back yet, but I think a big part of that was that I lost a lot of muscle. So now that I'm active again, hopefully I'll be getting some of it back, and therefore, the weight back.
Yesterday I got to spend the day with Kirk and his friends. First we went and got sushi with the incomparable Kenny Brown. He is more dreamy than ever! It was pretty funny to hear Kenny talk about when Kirk was telling him about this "Julie Chatfield" person, and he said that he knew me. Good times. So then Kirk and I went back to his house, and we started making this Italian dish that sounded really good. I've never chopped so intensely in my life! But I did learn eggplant is really fun to cube. I got to watch Kirk and his brother give their dad a healing blessing, and it made me respect Kirk that much more. Anyways, his friend Diego joined us, and he brought over his Wii. This dude is really funny and chill, and he was very understanding when I was having difficulties with the Wii. I had to go home before I could taste the dish that Kirk and I were making, but that's OK. It was fun to help make. All in all, I'm really glad I have a hang out friend. I'm feel bad that I have to take a car to do it, since he lives in Yucipa, but I'll only be around for a week and a half more, so I've got to cherish this time we have together, before he goes off to...Prague... or wherever he gets called.

1 comment:

Zotz said...

So, thanks for helping me with the blog and the instructions. I hope there is not a blog grammer popo, the tickets will be flyin' if there is.