Saturday, October 20, 2007

If I were ever to send in a post secret, it would be, "I wish that my blog posts could sound as intellectual as my oldest sister's." Well, I guess it wouldn't really be because it's not a secret. Every time I read Holly's blogs I feel literarily uplifted and enriched, whereas mine are just, "this boy talked to me today and I'm totally in love with him ::sigh::" Oh, well, our differences are what make them fun to read.

Anyways, Today was a good day. I actually got stuff done, AND had fun. I got to sleep in, then shower and shave my legs (albeit I totally missed some spots...) I studied for, took, and got an 89% on my Marriage and Family test, which I was pretty excited for. But when I walked to the testing center, it was windy and drizzly and freezing, and I was only wearing Capris. But obviously I survived. Then I came home and took care of some more business, like my stats lessons and quiz, which I also did well on. I also ate some good warm food, so don't worry, I'm not anorexic. And I kept it down, which means I'm not bolimic either. =) Then, one of the highlights of my day, I took a very refreshing nap, and I think I dreamed about Carlie during most of it. When I woke up, Shelley broke the news to me that Holly and Grandma weren't coming, which was so sad. I think they would have reeeeeeeally enjoyed it, because I sure did. (By the way, thank you so much for organizing the opera excursion, Shelley, because it was amazing. Now I need to pay you back, through moneys, or something equally as awesome, like a puppy) Anyways, Shelley told me I could invite someone, so I called Juliet's boyfriend's roommate, Jaren, and asked him if he wanted to go. He came along, and it was really fun, although we missed the signiture "Figaro" song. But that's OK, we already know what it sounds like. And it was Jaren's first opera experience, so it was fun to try and explain what was going on. We went over to his apartment and hung out with Jordan, Juliet, and Joal. So it was Julie, Juliet, Jordan, Joal, and Jaren. Then Taylor had to come home and ruin it. We stayed for a while, then Juliet and I decided to leave, and we walked outside, and as the door was closing behind us, Juliet yelled, "wait... Why didn't Jaren give you a goodbye hug?!" So he came out and gave me a nice hug and he said he liked it, then for some reason, Juliet ran back inside, so he walked me home, and it was nice, despite the fact that it was snowing. I moaned and sobbed when I saw it. A few minutes after he had left, and I was inside, Juliet and Jordan came back, and they started talking to me about how great Jaren is, and all his amazing qualities and stuff. It was really funny. Then Jordan went home, and I finished making my scarf! Altogether it was a really good day.

Here's another "boys are great" paragraph. It's just for my own record, so no one really has to read it, but if you're into girl talk, here you go. Last night at work I was feeling yucky, and I even left a few minutes early. I was just going to come home, study some Marriage and Family and New Testament and go to bed. But when I stopped to visit with Leesa, who was going to go out, she told me that Jaren had been over looking for me, and that he'd looked pretty nice. Juliet was already over at their apartment, so me, Leesa, and downstairs Juli who is totally amazing went over there and just hung out. Leesa and Juli left after a while, but I stayed. There were three couples there, so we all kind of sat around and talked, then we watched this ridiculously funny TV show called Stella for a while. Then came the fun/terrifying part when Jordan put in "When a Stranger Calls." Jordan Juliet Jaren and I were sitting on the couch, so it was pretty snug. The last whole hour of the movie, I was practically in Jaren's lap, because I was getting more and more into the fetal position, and screaming, and generally freaking out. He was really nice about it and put his hand on my shoulder to protect me. Yeah, it was a fun night.

1 comment:

Zotz said...

Wow Caleb, that is a powerful statement. What about supporting your own kind?