Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Country Dancing Boy

So yesterday I had absolutely no plans, and that felt pretty nice. I slept in, went to the temple. (shout out to Shelley. I walked all the way there, and right as I went through the doors, I realized I'd forgotten my recommend. I didn't really feel like making the hour round trip to get it, so I called Shell and she drove me. That was super awesome, so Thank you!!!) Anyways, it was really nice in there. It was a long wait, and I ended up staying there until about 1:15. And considering I left my house at about 10:30, it was a nice long break from home, and roommates, and homework, and life in general. It was just a really cool thing to sit there and think about life, and read the scriptures and whatnot. So when I went home and showered, I wrote my New Testament paper. It was pretty good (but I feel like a sillykins, because I sent my "draft" to our group. It was actually my Machiavelli paper for Music 201. One of the girls was nice enough to write me back telling me it was the wrong one, so I did eventually send out the right one). While I was taking a lunch break, the boy that I met country dancing called me. He gets extra points for actually using my number. Anyways, he asked me on a date, and it was actually a really fun night. We went to Fat Cats, and I had a resounding win: 74 to 50! Oh, man we were bad, but it was still pretty fun. Then we came back to the Riv and played a little ping pong. He stunk pretty bad, which deducted some points from him. Then we went back to our apartment, and Juliet, Bubba, and Dan were sitting there eating Chinese food and watching Divince Comedy. We did that for a while, then Bubba put in the Book of Mormon movie. I laughed the whole time, just because it is ridiculously bad. Then Jaren, Jordan, and Joel came over to borrow a movie, and ended up staying. Mike (country dancing boy) must have felt a little crowded, because he then asked me if I wanted to go on a walk. We did, and we ended up sitting on some of the rocks by the little duck pond next to the bell tower. We talked about a ton of stuff, and he's a music major, so we sang together, Coldplay, Lifehouse, Jason Mraz. It was totally fun. Then he sang me a song in Portuguese, so I sang him one in French, and it was cool. Then when we were walking back, he gave me his coat because he saw that I was freezing. Also, something that won him major points was, he asked me the question, "Do you like the book Frankenstein?" You've got to be kidding me! I'm reading that right now, thanks to Holly! Yeah, it was a fun date, and he invited me to hike the Y with him and his roommate and another girl next Saturday. It will be pretty cool if I go on two dates in one day, because next Saturday night will be the fateful night (hopefully) of my date with Ryker. And Roxy will get to meet my hot Shakespeare boy, Andrew. It will be totally awesome!

1 comment:

Holly F. said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a good time, kins!