Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Autumn is Here!

Today I had my first wow moment of New York autumn.  As Theo and I were driving to Mommy group, I saw a very tall tree, and all of its leaves were bright cherry red!  I literally said WOW out loud.  

So many of the trees are starting to turn, and it just keeps getting more and more beautiful.  I'll have to put batteries in my real camera and start going crazy photographing everything.

My backyard looks like some kind of fairytale scene, before the princesses arrive.  There are like ten different kinds of birds flying here and there, squirrels scampering around, butterflies fluttering, even a giant crow or too to keep the balance.  There was a moment when a squirrel romped through a group of birdies and made them fly away.  It was very magical.

My cauldron of scary stories.

I got out the Halloween decorations on Saturday, and it makes me soooo excited for the actual event of Halloween. I've been pondering costume ideas for a month, but I feel it's now appropriate to start mentioning them to others.


 I asked L. to take a picture of Theo at Mommy group, because his face was covered in wood chips.  But this beauty of a face ended up getting preserved for posterity.  I love this boy!

BTW: he's getting his fifth tooth.

I got to bust out my tea set. There's a depression in the place for the cup-how cool!
For girl's night L. and I made scones and mint hot chocolate for quite a delicious faux-tea.  It was fun and tasty for a chilly autumn night.  But I think next week will have to be straight up cookie dough.

No comments: