Saturday, June 01, 2013

Futurelics Success!

I just wanted to share with you our wonderful day yesterday. No pictures available yet, but some coming soon.  Corbin's friend, classmate, and Branch-mate Todd came with his fabulous camera and even more fabulous skills, so hopefully we can get some photos from him.

Corbin had... well, he had his second qualifying exam. BUT he also had his first gig with is band, Futurelics! (pronounced future and relics combined) They were accepted to play a set during the Ithaca festival that is going on all weekend.  Pretty much, it's a party Ithaca throws to celebrate all the college kids leaving town. 

Sidenote: Theo and I rode the bus there, because Corbin needed the car to move their gear.  It was my very first bus ride, and I was pretty nervous about the whole experience.  How to I pay my fare? How do I let the driver know I need off?  How early do I need to pull the string to let him know I want off?  And what if I miss my chance?

Don't worry, it all worked out great. Theo had a fabulous time charming all the other riders.  And actually, Todd got on the bus and rode down to the Commons with us.  It was quite the tender mercy to have a bus expert show us the way. 

Back to the point: We made our way over to Corbin's spot, and watched their set, which was really great.  There was a nice sized croud that accumulated in the bazaar-type set up.  I let Theo get out of his stroller, and he danced probably half the time they played (about half an hour).  He is Futurelics biggest fan!

They were seriously rockin'! If you weren't moving to their groove, you weren't alive.  I think if I'd never heard their stuff before that performance, I would be hooked and want to check out more.  I'm so happy for Corbin and the team!

After their set, we walked around a bit more, then got some yummy Asian food and lemonade, and came home.  There were so many beautiful doggies to see and wave to and try to grab.  It was also about a million degrees.  But seriously, it was at least 90 degrees, which is the hottest I've seen it in Ithaca.  Theo's little face was pink the whole time we were outside.  By the time we got home, it was cold showers for everyone, and lounging in front of the fan.  It was all worth it, though, because Futurelics did fantastically, and we had a wonderful time.

1 comment:

teridmama said...

yippie! Sounds like it was a great day!