Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween Partaaaaay!


Last night, Corbin and I went on a hot date to explore Downtown Ithaca.  We visited an art gallery, and was blown away by the prices of all the pieces.  We also browsed around a used book store (I mostly explored the children's section and loved it!).

Being so gentle to a fire belly toad

Afterwards, we retrieved Theo from our friends the Swigerts. Sidenote: Theo is the luckiest boy.  We had been reading one of his stories earlier in the day, where pizza is pictured.  He had then started crying because he wanted pizza so badly, but we didn't have any.  Guess what the Swigerts had for dinner with Theo.  Yes, pizza!

Anyways, the Swigerts then joined us at out Sciencenter for their spooky Halloween night!


We got there right in time for the spooky science show.  Some chemistry students from Ithaca College showed us smokey dry ice, a chemical combination that changed colors, over and over!  They also did some fun tricks with liquid nitrogen, made green slime, and made "elephant toothpaste!"  I was definitely entertained, and Theo was enamored!


Then we went upstairs to see the lizards and snakes.  I'm not sure Theo was too into it, but I had a wonderful time!

It was so fun to explore with the Swigerts!!


 On Thursday, we went to Wegmans for a trick or treating extravaganza.


I got a chance to test out our face paint set. This picture doesn't show it too well, but it's as if I have the mouth of a dinosaur. Pretty sweet, right?

 
We got a lot of awesome candy.  I say we, because admittedly, Corbin and I ate most of it after Theo had gone to bed. He'll never know the difference that we ate his "dadannn."

We were supposed to meet our lovely neighbors there, but because of communication difficulties, only saw them for a moment.  It was great seeing the kids' costumes though.  


We still have several Halloween activities to attend in the next week, and it made me glad that we chose a low maintenance costume.


I sure love sharing in the seasonal fun with my sweet boy!

No comments: