Monday, October 21, 2013

What do Pumpkins, Stake, and Taffetas have in common?


Last Saturday was a busy day, full of fun and excitement.


Cornell hosted a pumpkin carving party for kids of grad students, so we got all up in that action. We absolutely had to put Theo in his frenchman costume, and doesn't he look awesome?!


There were free pumpkins, treats, and other cute kids to enjoy.


We carved a picture of one of Theo's current favorite things: sheep. 


He was a very patient boy during the whole process. Also, he amazed me by keeping his barrett on pretty much the whole time.

Corbin timed this picture just right to make Theo look like a perv. 


 By the way, I drew on Theo's face with my liquid eye liner.  I never realized how sparkly it is until I wiped his face off and his sweet skin was shimmering.


After we finished carving, we dropped the pumpkins off at the car, and took a turn around Bebee lake.


New York certainly knows how to do fall.


Afterwards, we went home and rested up before Stake Conference.  In the afternoon, we went to church, ditched Theo in the nursery (where he had a fabulous time) and enjoyed the spiritual messages from our Stake president, temple president, and other members in the area.  The theme of the meeting was finding peace through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and I came away feeling so uplifted and refreshed.


After the meeting, there was a pot luck with so much amazing food!  We got to see our friends, and even got to reunite with our friend Martille!


After we'd had our fill, Corbin and Theo whisked me away to my Taffetas performance.  That's right, the talent show we'd been rehearsing for has happened, and it went fabulously!  The entire show was wonderful, with a variety of fun and beautiful musical acts.

Hopefully there will be a video of our performance on facebook soon (I know I want to see it). I will miss spending so much time with the ladies in the show, until of course the actual show rehearsals start picking up in February and March.  It was a wonderful opportunity for me to get out of the house, take a break from Mommy land, and do something that I love. 


1 comment:

teridmama said...

Looks like fun times in NY! Such an adorable boy! See you soon!

Love!!