Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Three Random Stories


Theo and I had some friends over to paint pumpkins. Obviously, Theo's was a masterpiece.  When Corbin saw if after he came home, he first thought it had gone bad.

I have three random stories to share:

1) The other night, Corbin was leading the pillow talk.  He told me about his Star Wars books, then gave me a graphic description of tape worm, then somehow got back to Star Wars.  I don't know how he did it, how I let it happen, but I know I'll be doing more discussion guiding in the future.

2) Last night, Theo woke up crying- the kind of cry where I knew I should probably get out of bed and check on him.  So I picked him up and we went to lay on the couch.  I thought he had fallen back asleep, but when the one o'clock bus went by, I heard his sweet little voice next to my ear whisper, "bus." He went back to sleep really easily, but I'm glad we got to share that moment.

3) I recently remembered something that happened to me in kindergarten.  I remembered arguing with my classmate named Brittany about how Jesus was perfect.  I still believe that Jesus Christ led a sinless life, but I now know better than to yell in someone's face about it.  I guess that's what 20 extra years of experience has taught me.

1 comment:

teridmama said...

Theo is a sweet boy... I love the bus story!
...I have had some of those conversations with Corbin.....not pillow discussions though!