Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I should have taken snow shoes...

Mike and I were planning on going running last night, but at about 8 he calls me, and asks me if we can run on the outdoor track. He's taking a jogging class or something, and that was part of the assignment. The first thing I said was, "you do know it's snowing right now?" And he said he was walking in it right then. I don't know why I agreed, but I said I'd meet him at the track across the street at 9, and asked him to let me borrow some running pants. So we get there, and I put on some warm ups that he brought for me (which I wanted to steal because they were so awesome), and we went to find the track. When we kind of decided where it should be, he made a starting line in the snow, and off we went. There was the hard icy snow, covered with a blanket of fresh powder. I have never run in snow before, or out in the cold for that matter. I just about died after three laps. We took a break after the first mile, but then we did another one. The second one wasn't so bad, because we'd already kind of beaten a path for ourselves. But after we were done, I wanted to die! I was so cold, and my legs were so tired. Running through that snow was like running on sand, accept like 10 times worse! He came back to my apartment to warm up a little and get some water, and ended up watching some Full House with me Jessica and Juliet. It was a fun night, but one I do not want to ever, EVER duplicate. ever.

Mile war=2.5+2= 4.5 But can I count it as more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iiee! I say you get double (triple?) miles for the snow run :) lol! Good for you!